Re: FW: Male/female

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: FW: Male/female
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 01:34:17PM +0100, H.J. Sanders wrote:

> > I would also suggest using a *coded* gender, not "male",
> > "female" strings which will make gender-based calculations a
> > lot easier down the road.
>
> Which will also make it easier to have a "multi-langual" solution.
Which, precisely, is one of the reason GNUmed does it that
way. We then have a table gender_label which can translate
the code into a string (both English as a base language and
a local language via "select _(label) from gender_label".

(Yes, we sort of re-implemented gettext in SQL ;-)

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

От: "Marc Mamin"
Сообщение: Events tables, model discussion in regards to the performances
От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: Re: installation problem, for Postgres 8.2.0