Re: Switching to XML

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Switching to XML
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
David Blewett wrote:
> I started work on modifying the SGML to use a set of 3 volumes, split
> at roughly 500 page intervals. I wanted to generate individual ToC's
> and indexes for each volume. I started to modify the SGML to include
> a "role" attribute for each indexterm, to tell what volume it was
> part of. This was done with a simple sed script. When I went to
> generate the actual indexes, I hit a brick wall. Apparently, the SGML
> toolchain cannot handle typed indexes as described here [4]. Only the
> XML toolchain currently handles them.

But no one is forcing you to use "the SGML toolchain".  I requote the
message you cited:

 First of all, moving to DocBook XML will not do anything in the way of
 improving our output processing abilities.  Any tool that you can use
 on DocBook SGML can also be used on DocBook XML and vice versa.

--
Peter Eisentraut