Backup dialog window: bad size

От Laurent ROCHE
Тема Backup dialog window: bad size
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

I assume this has been told before ... but as I did not find  anything about it in the mailing list archive !

With PgAdmin III 1.6.1 on WinNT SP2.
The Backup dialog window (that pops up when doing Tools ==> backup ...) is sized too small: the "..." button (to browse
fora file) is not visible (and the right side of the group boxes either).
It should be better sized.

And in French language, the options group box is too small: the text for the checboxes labels is over the right side of
thebox.

Extra: a little feature request !
If the directory path for the file (when clicking on the "..." button) could be kept from one file generation to
another,that would be great !
And if the filename could be *also* kept ... we would get close to perfect  ;-) ... on that feature !

Cheers,
L@u
The Computing Froggy

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter@falter.at>
À : dpage@postgresql.org
Cc : pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Envoyé le : Jeudi, 7 Décembre 2006, 12h49mn 25s
Objet : Re: [pgadmin-support] Comments cut off after line break

dpage@postgresql.org wrote:
> Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
>
>> Maybe this happens on purpose to shorten lengthy comments.
>
> It does.
>
>> But then again, a better way would probably be to print the first x
>> (200?) characters (substituting spaces for linebreaks) and append '
>> ...' if there is more.
>
> Chopping at the first line is more flexible as it allows the user some
> control over what is shown there. I have committed a change to add ...
> if it truncates at all though.

Even better so, I agree.

Regards
Erwin

TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate      subscribe-nomail command to
majordomo@postgresql.orgso that your      message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

От: Erwin Brandstetter
Сообщение: Re: Comments cut off after line break