Re: File Systems Compared

От Michael Stone
Тема Re: File Systems Compared
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 06:59:12PM +0100, Arnaud Lesauvage wrote:
>Markus Schiltknecht a écrit :
>>What's common practice? What's it on the pgsql mailing lists?
>
>The netiquette usually advise mailers to wrap after 72 characters
>on mailing lists.
>This does not apply for format=flowed I guess (that's the format
>used in Steinar's message).

It would apply to either; format=flowed can be wrapped at the receiver's
end, but still be formatted to a particular column for readers that
don't understand format=flowed. (Which is likely to be many, since
that's a standard that never really took off.) No wrap netiquette
applies to formatted text blocks which are unreadable if wrapped (such
as bonnie or EXPLAIN output).

Mike Stone