Re: CertFirst Legit?

От adam@spatialsystems.org
Тема Re: CertFirst Legit?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm looking at taking this course.  The Illinois location is about 30 min from my home.

No one else has taken this course?

-------- Original Message --------Subject: Re: [GENERAL] CertFirst Legit?From: Jim Nasby
<decibel@decibel.org>Date:Thu, November 30, 2006 2:34 pmTo: rnshah@imap.ccCc: pgsql-general@postgresql.orgIf
you'reconcerned about them, you might want to just use someone  else... I can think of at least 2 other companies
thatoffer training  classes.On Nov 27, 2006, at 2:40 PM, rnshah@imap.cc wrote:> I've been tasked with
administeringone of our PostgreSQL databases  > and> know little or nothing about the product (though I do
haveDB> experience).  I've been looking for training and came across an> administration class at
'http://www.postgresql.org/about/event.425'on> the main web site.  When I called the certfirst people offering
the>classes I got the impression that the
 y weren't on the up and up.   > When I> asked if the class in Newport Beach was sure to run they tried to
talk>me into taking a class in their Illinois location, and when I asked> about a class in January in Vegas they
toldme it was already full  > but I> could take the December class in Illinois -- but they wouldn't tell
me>where their classes in Vegas are held.>> Can anyone provide me with a reference for these guys?  Also,
they > claim> to offer a certification but it is done online using some web site  > I've> never
youchecked our extensive FAQ?>>
 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq>--JimNasby

 jim@nasby.netEnterpriseDB     http://enterprisedb.com      512.569.9461
(cell)---------------------------(endof broadcast)---------------------------TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive