Re: small pg_dump RFE: new --no-prompt (password) option

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: small pg_dump RFE: new --no-prompt (password) option
Дата
Re: small pg_dump RFE: new --no-prompt (password) option  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 07:46:59AM -0500, Dave Cramer wrote:

> I'm forwarding this on behalf of Marc Hebert

I saw it the first time.

> >When we implemented this scripting in Java we faced one major issue:
> >pg_dump may prompt for a password in a unpredictable way (depending on
> >the user misconfiguration). Taking care of this is surprisingly
> >complex.  The suggested --no-prompt would make scripting pg_dump
> >infinitely easier.  In case a password is needed, this option would
> >simply fail and return immediatly with an appropriate error message.
> >Or even better, with a well-defined return status.

Seems to me that you could just do this by setting stdin to be
/dev/null?

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Сообщение: Re: Tsearch + polish ispell + polish locale