Re: sudden drop in delete performance

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: sudden drop in delete performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> after my update
> I had my entire data drectory PGDATA removed,
> i had done initdb again
> and did lot of inserts (the inserts have given the similar performance)

Did you do a VACUUM ANALYZE after loading the new database?

Are you sure your indexes were recreated correctly?

Ben already asked those two questions, in addition to the fsync one.
They're important.

It would also be useful to provide EXPLAIN ANALYZE output for the query
that's giving you trouble.  Without it, the people on this list would
require some supernatural psychic ability to diagnose your problem.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran@collaborativefusion.com
Phone: 412-422-3463x4023

IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named. If the reader of this
message is not an intended recipient (or the individual
responsible for the delivery of this message to an intended
recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is prohibited. Please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission.