Re: Notify enhancement

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Notify enhancement
Дата
Re: Notify enhancement  (Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Josh Berkus asked me recently what cool things I would be working on
> now. I have just received the go ahead to work on this TODO item for the
> next release:
>
>  Add optional textual message to NOTIFY
>
>  This would allow an informational message to be added to the notify
> message, perhaps indicating the row modified or other custom information.

Great!

Are you also planning to do the removal of the pg_listener catalog?
There were some ideas on how to do this, but nothing thoroughly
designed.

Neil Conway talked about using SLRU as a mechanism for storing listeners
and messages.  Maybe you can find that discussion in the archives.  Part
of it was via IRC though, and I don't remember how much of it was.  So
details on the archives may be thin.