Re: Short writes

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Short writes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Because, in fact, that is the usual reason for a short write.  Do you
> have something better for the code to do?

Well, I would have liked to know the truth, such as

ERROR: short write on block blah
DETAIL: wrote %u bytes, %u requested
HINT: That might mean that the disk is full.

In our instance, there is no fullness problem.  (The errors repeat too
inconsistently yet persistently for that.)  Probably, the storage
device is improperly mounted (which could become the second half of the
hint), but I have to wait for test results.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump -t broken for mixed case table names in beta3?
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump -t broken for mixed case table names in