Re: Day and month name localization uses wrong locale category

От Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Тема Re: Day and month name localization uses wrong locale category
Дата
Re: Day and month name localization uses wrong locale category  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: Day and month name localization uses wrong  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: Day and month name localization uses wrong  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: Day and month name localization uses wrong locale category  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> > What about using strftime()? So we couldn't worry about gettext
> > translations; "all" is localized.
> > Why didn't I think it before? :-)
> >
> > I'll try to code a patch today later if noone objects.
>
> How is this going?

Finished. Sorry for the delay I had some trouble understanding how
backend treats the locale stuff (Neil pointed out the path).
Now TM mode is returning strftime() output. It would be nice if in the
future we change this to pg_strftime() but unfortunately the last one is
not i18n. :(

template1=# show lc_time;
 lc_time
---------
 pt_BR
(1 registro)

template1=# select to_char(now(), 'TMDay, DD TMMonth YYYY');
          to_char
---------------------------
 Segunda, 20 Novembro 2006
(1 registro)

template1=# set lc_time to 'C';
SET
template1=# select to_char(now(), 'TMDay, DD TMMonth YYYY');
         to_char
--------------------------
 Monday, 20 November 2006
(1 registro)

template1=# set lc_time to 'de_DE';
SET
template1=# select to_char(now(), 'TMDay, DD TMMonth YYYY');
         to_char
--------------------------
 Montag, 20 November 2006
(1 registro)

template1=#

Comments?

--
  Euler Taveira de Oliveira
  http://www.timbira.com/

Вложения

От: "Simon Riggs"
Сообщение: Re: Custom Data Type Question
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Day and month name localization uses wrong locale category