Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Josh Berkus wrote:
> > > Jim,

> > > I think the general term is "statement-based replication", not "broadcasting".
> >
> > Well, the problem is that you can use a statement-based method to
> > replication from a master to a slave.  I think MySQL used to use this
> > method, or still does, so I don't think the term "statement-based" is
> > clear enough, though I am open to other terms than "broadcast".
>
> Oops, I see Markus Schiltknech likes the term "statement-based
> replication" better too.  Certainly master-slave communication using
> "statement-based replication" has the same drawbacks as the broadcast
> method, but I wanted to highlight that the broadcast was happening
> outside the server.  Do we need a master/slave "statement-based
> replication" item and a middleware broadcast item?

OK, new text:

 <varlistentry>
  <term>Statement-Based Replication</term>
  <listitem>

   <para>
    In statement-based replication, a program intercepts every SQL
    query and sends it to all servers.  Each server operates
    independently.  Read-only queries can be sent to a single server
    because there is no need for all servers to process it.
   </para>

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition