Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-docs
Jim,

> That's true of simple query broadcasting (ie: pgpool), but not true
> of Continuent/Sequoia. Continuent's software adds a lot of additional
> features on top of simple query broadcasting, making it far more
> robust than simply spewing queries out to every node in the cluster.
> You still have to be very careful with how you use it, but not nearly
> as much as with simpler solutions.

I think the general term is "statement-based replication", not "broadcasting".

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition