Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Jeff Frost wrote:

> >> Bruce,
> >>
> >> Continuent's uni/cluster middleware product implements this type of
> >> clustering/load balancing.  Perhaps it warrants a mention?  Not sure how far
> >> we want to get into listing external products.
> >
> > We had a long discussion about that and felt that recommending
> > commercial products or even every open source project was too much.  The
> > idea was that we should reference a web page that has them all mentioned,
> > but no one has set one up yet.
>
> That makes sense, I just hate to see us say something like "Oracle can do
> this with RAC but PostgreSQL cannot."

Agreed.  I think we would mention any PostgreSQL solution for this, even
if it is not open source.  We mention solutions as examples in this part
of the documentation.

FYI, as far as I know, Continuent's solution is "Query Broadcast Load
Balancing", not clustering.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition