Re: string_to_array eats too much memory?

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: string_to_array eats too much memory?
Дата
Re: string_to_array eats too much memory?  (Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I'm playing with GIN to make a full text search system. GIN comes with
> > built-in TEXT[] support and I use string_to_array() to make a
> > TEXT[]. Problem is, if there's large number of array elemets,
> > string_to_array() consumes too much memory. For example, to make ~70k
> > array elements, string_to_array seems to eat several Gig bytes of
> > memory. ~70k array elements means there are same number of words in a
> > document which is not too big in a large text IMO.
>
> Do you mean 70k unique lexemes? Ugh.

I'm testing how GIN scales.

> Why do not you use tsearch framework?

? I thought GIN is superior than tsearch2.

From your GIN proposal posted to pgsql-hackers:

"The primary goal of the Gin index is a scalable full text search in
PostgreSQL"

What do you think?:-)
--
Tatsuo Ishii