Re: Easy read-heavy benchmark kicking around?

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Easy read-heavy benchmark kicking around?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

Le lundi 6 novembre 2006 21:47, Brian Hurt a écrit :
> So the question is: is there an easy to install and run, read-heavy
> benchmark out there that I can wave at them to get them to fix the
> problem?  I have a second database running on a single SATA drive, so I
> can use that as a comparison point- "look, we're getting 1/3rd the read
> speed of a single SATA drive- this sucks!"
>
> Any advice?

Tsung is an easy to use open-source multi-protocol distributed load testing
tool. The more simple way to use it to stress test your machine would be
using pgfouine to setup a test from postgresql logs:
  http://tsung.erlang-projects.org/
  http://pgfouine.projects.postgresql.org/tsung.html

Tsung will easily simulate a lot (more than 1000) of concurrent users playing
your custom defined load scenario. Then it will give you some plots to
analyze results, for disk io though you'll have to use some other tool(s)
while tests are running.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine