Re: On what we want to support: travel?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: On what we want to support: travel?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Dan Langille wrote:
> On 6 Nov 2006 at 10:46, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 20:29:43 -0500,
> >
> > It also means more users to support. Depending on the mix of new users,
> > the overall effect on the project could end up being negative.
>
> That is possible.  It is not probable.  The existing culture affects
> affects new users.  They tend to adapt accordingly.

Hmm ...

$ LC_ALL=C sdate
Mon Sep 4815 14:43:41 CLST 1993
$ man sdate

sdate(1)                   Debian manual                   sdate(1)

NAME
       sdate - never ending September date

SYNOPSIS
       sdate [-e|--epoch yyyy-mm] [-l|--lib library] [--] [command]

DESCRIPTION
       sdate runs a command in an environment wherein it wraps  the
       libc  localtime()  and  gmtime() calls such that the program
       will use the eternal September date.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September