Re: Design Considerations for New Authentication Methods

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Design Considerations for New Authentication Methods
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Richard Troy (rtroy@ScienceTools.com) wrote:
> ...I thought you said this _needs_ to be done - by using words like
> "unacceptible" and "required" - and I disagree. There's a difference
> between what needs to be done and what is desired to be done. Further, I
> never said "shouldn't."

For PG to be an option in certain environments, it *needs* to be done
because in those environments username/password are *unacceptable*.
Additionally, there's someone (actually, more than one it seems) who's
willing to spend the time and energy to implement it.  If it's not
necessary for your environment, great!  If you weren't suggesting it
shouldn't be implemented or accepted then I've truely got no idea what
the intent of your previous mail was.
Enjoy,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: Design Considerations for New Authentication Methods
Сообщение: Re: Design Considerations for New Authentication Methods