Re: Mailing list problem?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Mailing list problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> - --On Friday, October 27, 2006 19:05:01 -0300 Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-es-ayuda/2006-10/msg00565.php
>
> The one you sent me is from ~2 hours after the original post:
>
> Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:12:53 -0300
>
> The original was:
>
> Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 08:16:17 -0500
>
> I hate time zones, but if I'm right, the original was an hour earlier then the
> second one that went through ... so was rejected due to it being a duplicate of
> one that already went through ...
>
> Of course, that's assuming they are the same one ;)

No, I don't think that's the case, because I get the "POST" message just
after getting the actual message to the list.  I tried again, and sent
a test message, which was archived here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-es-ayuda/2006-10/msg00575.php

Attached are the POST message and the message I got from the list.

I think the other message did not have matching dates because the
sender's machine doesn't have a sync'ed clock.  Mine is NTP'd.  (Also
this example is simpler because all times are in -0300).

Maybe you are right that there is a duplicate, but in that case then
it's something inside the postgresql.org mail handling that's causing
duplicates to be received by majordomo, because I *certainly* did not
send the message a second time.

Today I got a whole bunch of POST messages, all corresponding to the
messages I have received.

(BTW the clock at lists.commandprompt.com (which is my outbound SMTP)
appears to be 4 seconds ahead).

El servidor parece tener hipo por algun motivo.  No se molesten en contestar.

---------------------------(fin del mensaje)---------------------------
TIP 3: si publicas/lees desde Usenet, por favor env�a "subscribe-nomail"
       a majordomo@postgresql.org para que tus mensajes puedan llegar
       a los suscriptores de la lista
The command:
  "(post to pgsql-es-ayuda)"

issued by:
  Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>

was executed with status:
  0 (failure)

in session:
  971b911e53836575418e30584df04f217817bd6c

from the resend interface, taking 0.489 seconds.