Re: pg_dumpall failing from possible corrupted shared memory

От Richard Broersma Jr
Тема Re: pg_dumpall failing from possible corrupted shared memory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> >Worst-case, you can probably fix things by dropping and
> > recreating the constraint or index ...log_min_messages = info  but before you do that, I'd
> urge
> > you to try to get as much info as you can about the nature of the
> > catalog corruption.  If there's a bug here, as opposed to random
> > cosmic-ray damage, we can't fix it without more info.

I eliminated the non-offending index with this query:

select   pg_get_indexdef(indexrelid)
from     pg_index
where    indexrelid <> 604251 -- this is the index with the problem
order by indexrelid;

How do I go about determining if the crash i caused by faulty hardware or a possible bug?

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.