Re: Reducing pg_dump & pg_restore times

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Reducing pg_dump & pg_restore times
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 26 October 2006 02:20, Chris wrote:
> Coder At Heart wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Restore & backup take time in the tune of 6 hrs on a Linux, 4 proc, 32 G
> > RAM machine for a 60GB database.
>
> Please always cc the mailing list.
>
> I've never played with databases that large so I don't know if that's
> good or bad.. others on the list will be able to offer advice/suggestions.

A while back I wrote something up on increasing restore times, might be worth
checking out.

http://people.planetpostgresql.org/xzilla/index.php?/archives/133-Getting-faster-database-restores-on-postgresql-8.1.html

--
Robert Treat

От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] Can we convert from Postgres to Oracle !!???
От: Richard Broersma Jr
Сообщение: Re: pg_dumpall failing from possible corrupted shared memory