Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
David Fetter wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 11:38:11AM +0200, Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
>
> > Can we name the chapter "Fail-over, Load-Balancing and Replication
> > Options"? That would fit everything and contain the necessary buzz words.
>
> > IMHO, it does not make sense to speak of a synchronous replication for a
> > 'Shared Disk Fail Over'. It's not replication, because there's no replica.
>
> As you point out, there is no replica of the data, but there is some
> protection against machine failure, which puts it firmly in the
> "Fail-over" part above.

Right, but his point was not to call it synchronous.  I have fixed that
in the current version.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us

От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition