Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> I agree with that.  If we have statements about other projects in our
> >> docs, we will have a problem with not being able to update those
> >> statements in a timely fashion when the other projects change.
> >
> > I mention only Slony and pgpool as examples of replication types.  They
> > seem to have risen to high enough visiblity to do that. I have not
> > mentioned any other solutions.
>
> What about Slony-II or pgpool2? Which are fundamentally different from
> their v1 counterparts (o.k. slony-ii isn't out yet but still).
>
> I +1 that we move to have all of the replication documentation pushed to
> techdocs or other facility and just have a link from the docs.

What I did was to mention Slony and pgpool as "examples", so people
realize there are many other soluions.  It would be good to have a
companion web site that could list them all, both open source and
commercial.  That is going to take a lot more work, but I think would
have great value, especially since our documentation will clearly
outline the terms.  What you don't want to do is to throw up a list and
have people try to figure out what solutions they cover.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition