Re: failing 8.1.4 autovacuum

От Ed L.
Тема Re: failing 8.1.4 autovacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday October 23 2006 4:03 pm, Ed L. wrote:
> I have an 8.1.4 autovac process running on HP-UX 11.23 IA64
> and repeatedly failing with the following error:
>
>         ERROR:  failed to re-find parent key in "audit_idx1"
>
> Will a reindex or drop index make this problem go away?

BTW, it'd be nice if autovac didn't simply abort and restart with
the prior tables that were successfully vacuumed, but rather was
able to continue on after the error to the next table.  As it
is, it starves the others but autovac just keeps banging it's
head against the wall, consuming lots of I/O and accomplishing
little.  Maybe that's part of the 8.2 fixes I haven't kept up
with?

Ed