Re: xlogdump fixups and WAL log question.

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: xlogdump fixups and WAL log question.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 10:37:51AM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> Turning off WAL is a difficult topic. Without it you have no crash
> recovery, which IMHO everybody says they don't care about until they
> crash, then they realise. It's hard to be selective about writing WAL
> for specific operations also.

It's been discussed before. One idea is to declare tables without
logging. The idea being that during recovery those tables and related
indexes are simply truncated. No foreign keys allowed. Obviously they
will not be saved via PITR either.

Put another way, the table structure is saved in WAL, but the data
isn't.

Have a ncie day,