Re: Postgresql 8.1.4 - performance issues for select on

От Ioana Danes
Тема Re: Postgresql 8.1.4 - performance issues for select on
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello,

It looks like some of you missed my first email but my
problem is not to find a replacement for this select:
select max(transid) from someunionview
Thare are plenty of solutions for doing this...

My point is to split a tale in two and to make this
transparent for the developers as a first step. On the
second step they will improve some of the queries but
that is another story.

So I would like to know if there is any plan to
improve this type of query for views in the near
future, or maybe it is alredy improved in 8.2 version?
I have the same problem and question for:
select transid from someunionview order by transid
desc limit 1;

Thank you for your time,
Ioana Danes