Re: Postgresql 8.1.4 - performance issues for select on view using max

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Postgresql 8.1.4 - performance issues for select on view using max
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

Le mercredi 18 octobre 2006 21:51, Ioana Danes a écrit :
> I am doing a test for a scenario where I have 2
> schemas  one (public) for the operational data and
> another one (archive) for old, archived data. So
> basically I want to split the data from some huge
> tables in two. All data before 2006 in archive and all
> data after and including  2006 in public.
[...]
> I got into a scenario where my plan does not work
> without doing code change.

This sounds a lot as a ddl partitionning, you may want to add some checks to
your schema and set constraint_exclusion to on in your postgresql.conf.

Please read following documentation material :
  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/ddl-partitioning.html

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine