Re: bug or feature, || -operator and NULLs

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: bug or feature, || -operator and NULLs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Am Mittwoch, 18. Oktober 2006 15:07 schrieb Andreas Joseph Krogh:
> Why do these discussions always end in academic arguments over whats more
> logical then not?

Because that is ultimately the reason why SQL behaves the way it does.  I'm
sure we could all come up with a long list of behaviors that would
be "useful" or "better" or "intuitive", and we could also come up with a long
list of reasons why such a database system would be totally crappy.  You only
need to check with our friends in Uppsala for some examples.

--
Peter Eisentraut