Re: Maximum size of database

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Maximum size of database
Дата
Список pgsql-general

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ.html#item4.4

> Currently my database size is 37GB & its pretty slow.  I wonder if
> its b'cos of huge amount of data in it.

37GB isn't all that huge; as the FAQ mentions, much larger databases
exist.  Without more information we'll have to ask some of the
standard questions:

What's your hardware configuration?
What operating system and version are you using?
What are your non-default postgresql.conf settings?
Are you vacuuming and analyzing the database regularly?
How much concurrent activity do you have?
Does anything other than PostgreSQL run on the box?

If you have a specific query that's slow then please post the EXPLAIN
ANALYZE output.  Also, you might get more help on the pgsql-performance
list.

--
Michael Fuhr