Re: [ADMIN] autovacuum on a -mostly- r/o table

От: Tobias Brox
Тема: Re: [ADMIN] autovacuum on a -mostly- r/o table
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Re: [ADMIN] autovacuum on a -mostly- r/o table  (Tobias Brox, )
 Re: [ADMIN] autovacuum on a -mostly- r/o table  ("Matthew T. O'Connor", )
  Re: [ADMIN] autovacuum on a -mostly- r/o table  (Tobias Brox, )
   Re: [ADMIN] autovacuum on a -mostly- r/o table  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
    Re: [ADMIN] autovacuum on a -mostly- r/o table  ("Larry Rosenman", )

[Matthew T. O'Connor - Wed at 02:33:10PM -0400]
> In addition autovacuum respects the work of manual or cron based
> vacuums, so if you issue a vacuum right after a daily batch insert /
> update, autovacuum won't repeat the work of that manual vacuum.

I was experimenting a bit with autovacuum now.  To make the least effect
possible, I started with a too high cost_delay/cost_limit-ratio.  The
effect of this was that autovacuum "never" finished the transactions it
started with, and this was actually causing the nightly vacuum to not do
it's job good enough.