Re: time type strange behaviour

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: time type strange behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 05:16:14PM +0100, garry saddington wrote:
> > garry saddington <garry@schoolteachers.co.uk> writes:
> > > This definition does not insert time zone. If I use without time zone
> > > then the time zone is inserted.
> > > If I input a time like: 01:05 AM then on select I get something like:
> > > 1970/01/01 01:05:00:00.
> >
> > Better look again --- if you get that output, the column is most
> > certainly not a time column --- it must be timestamp.  Perhaps you
> > got confused about which table is which?
> >
> No, there is no confusion, I have dropped it, re-made it and tested it
> again, same result. I know it sounds odd but this is what happens!

You said you were using psycopg and Zope, which implies that you're
using Python.  What versions of those things are you using?  Might
the unexpected results be coming from one of those components?  If
you connect to the database with psql and issue a query from there,
what do you get?

--
Michael Fuhr