Re: bad error message

От A. Kretschmer
Тема Re: bad error message
Дата
Список pgsql-general
am  Thu, dem 12.10.2006, um 15:27:08 -0400 mailte Jonathan Vanasco folgendes:

> I got a really bad error message in postgres on a CREATE TABLE in 8.1.0:
>
>     ERROR:  column "id" referenced in foreign key constraint does not
>     exist
>
> That seems odd-- I mean, I know I obviously made an error.  I'm just
> used to more detailed errors.

Can you show us your SQL? The message is clear: you create a new table
with a foreign key to an other table that doesn't exist. An example:

-- first, i create a table with a primary key
test=# create table t1 (id int primary key, foo text);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "t1_pkey" for table "t1"
CREATE TABLE
-- now i create a new table with a foreign key constraint to the first
-- table
test=# create table t2 (id int references t1(id));
CREATE TABLE
--
-- and now i make a mistake
--