Re: Blindly back-patching FAQs is not such a hot

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Blindly back-patching FAQs is not such a hot
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> ... as an example, I see you removed material from 8.1's FAQ_HPUX that
> is still relevant to that branch.

Are we trimming platform-specific FAQs as we move forward?  I figured an
FAQ just got more accurate.  And I only backpatch to the most recent
branch.

Are you talking about this?
- The parallel regression test script (gmake check) is known to lock up- on PA-RISC when run under HP's Bourne shells:
/usr/bin/shand- /sbin/sh. To fix this problem, you will need PHCO_30269 with its- dependent patch or successor
patches:--    PHCO_30269  s700_800 cumulative sh-posix(1) patch-     PHCO_29816  s700_800 rc(1M) scripts cumulative
patch--To work around this problem, use ksh to run the regression script:--       gmake SHELL=/bin/ksh check-- If you
seethat the tests have stopped making progress and only a shell- process is consuming CPU, kill the shell process and
startover with the- above command.

This was removed in CVS HEAD, but it imagine it applies to 8.1.X because
the regression test is still a shell script in 8.1.X.  I will re-add it,
but in general it seems like we win more than lose by copying the FAQ's
backward, partly because I don't usually apply them to the back
branches.

Сообщение: Re: 8.2beta1 does not compile for me on Solaris 10
Сообщение: Re: 8.2beta1 does not compile for me on Solaris 10