Re: long running transactions

От: Tobias Brox
Тема: Re: long running transactions
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

long running transactions  (Tobias Brox, )
 Re: long running transactions  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: long running transactions  (Tobias Brox, )
   Re: long running transactions  (Tobias Brox, )
    Re: long running transactions  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: long running transactions  (Tobias Brox, )
      Re: long running transactions  (Tom Lane, )
       Re: long running transactions  (Tobias Brox, )
        Re: long running transactions  (Tom Lane, )
         Re: long running transactions  (Tobias Brox, )
          Re: long running transactions  (Tom Lane, )
           Re: long running transactions  (Tobias Brox, )
            Re: long running transactions  (Tom Lane, )
             Re: long running transactions  (Tobias Brox, )

[Tom Lane - Tue at 02:04:55PM -0400]
> > It seems stuck, has had the same transid for a long while, and the
> > number of undeletable dead rows in our tables are increasing.
>
> Perhaps you have overly aggressive vacuum cost delay settings?

Perhaps, though I wouldn't expect it to sleep in the middle of a
transaction - and also, it really did seem to me that it's doing work
rather than only sleeping.

The transaction id for the vacuum process is the same now as when I
wrote the previous email, and the number of dead unremovable rows have
increased steadily.

The settings in effect are:

autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay = 500
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit = 200