Re: array_accum aggregate

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: array_accum aggregate
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
> I'm going to be running a very large query shortly using
> this aaccum and will report back how it goes.

It went *very* well, actually much better than I had originally
expected.  This query used to take over 12 hours to complete (about 11
of which was after the main table involved was sorted).  With this new
aaccum in place the whole query only took about an hour, most of which
was the sort and join required by the query.  The aggregation (aaccum)
and r_hist() (R histogram function generating PNGs) took only a few
minutes.
Thanks!
    Stephen