Re: Determining caller of a function (due to a cascaded

От Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Тема Re: Determining caller of a function (due to a cascaded
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 16:34:09 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> "Lenorovitz, Joel" <Joel.Lenorovitz@usap.gov> writes:
> > I want to have a trigger that will copy some data from a table in
> > one schema to an analogous table in another schema every time a
> > record is modified UNLESS the modification is the result of a
> > cascaded foreign key constraint.
>
> Sorry, there isn't any reasonable way for a trigger to tell that.

thx. I was wondering if *I* wasn't able to find one.

I had the same need around a month ago I ended up in adding metadata to tables and "simulating" triggers with a
dynamicallygenerated sp.
So I could define "deferred" referential integrity nearby table definitions as I was used with pk/fk triggers.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it