Re: pg_config not found

От Saranya Sivakumar
Тема Re: pg_config not found
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot for the information. I was trying to install just that devel RPM without  the other RPMs. I figured that I would have to install postgresql-8.1.3-1PGDG.i686.rpm before installing the devel.
I could successfully install psqlodbc after that. Thanks again for the help.

Sincerely,
Saranya

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Saranya Sivakumar writes:
> I tried to install the devel rpm from
> http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp?file=binary%2Fv8.1.3%2Flinux%2Frpms%2Ffedora%2Ffedora-core-5%2Fpostgresql-devel-8.1.3-1PGDG.i686.rpm,
> but got the following error
> error: Failed dependencies:
> postgresql = 8.1.3 is needed by postgresql-devel-8.1.3-1PGDG.i686

Well, where did you get your other Postgres RPMs from? You need a
matching set (all the same version). My guess is that you are using
the Fedora RPMs, in which case "yum install" is the way to fetch another
RPM.