Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL

От: Jim C. Nasby
Тема: Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  (Alex Stapleton, )
   Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  (Markus Schaber, )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Merlin Moncure", )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Merlin Moncure", )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  index growth problem  (Graham Davis, )
   Re: index growth problem  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
    Re: index growth problem  (Graham Davis, )
     Re: index growth problem  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
    Re: index growth problem  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Merlin Moncure", )
   Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
    Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
   Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  (Scott Marlowe, )
[...]
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  (Shaun Thomas, )

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 02:53:35PM -0400, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> On 10/6/06, Scott Marlowe <> wrote:
> >On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 11:44, Carlo Stonebanks wrote:
> >> This didn't work right away, but DID work after running a VACUUM FULL. In
> >> other words, i was still stuck with a sequential scan until after the
> >> vacuum.
> >>
> >> I turned autovacuum off in order to help with the import, but was
> >perfoming
> >> an ANALYZE with every 500 rows imported.
>
> how did you determine that it is done every 500 rows? this is the
> default autovacuum paramater.  if you followed my earlier

Note that that parameter doesn't mean you'll get an analyze every 500
rows.
--
Jim Nasby