Re: exploiting features of pg to obtain polymorphism

От Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Тема Re: exploiting features of pg to obtain polymorphism
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 14:09:53 +0200
Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 11:09:29PM +0200, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
> wrote:
>
> > Is there any good documentation, example, tutorial, pamphlet,
> > discussion... to exploit pg features to obtain "polymorphic"
> > behavior without renouncing to referential integrity?
>
> In GNUmed we use it to aggregate text fields over a
> range of child tables and for auditing:

Really interesting, nice sql to see, including the use of "metadata" and functions. It looks more like what I was
lookingfor.
I'm reading the developers doc to get a clearer picture.

Are there other places from where I could learn those/similar techniques? (or any other place I could learn those
techniqueswithout having to "reverse engineer" gnumed).

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it