BUG #2676: postmaster using 100% cpu from odbc disconnect

От Luke McFarlane
Тема BUG #2676: postmaster using 100% cpu from odbc disconnect
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2676
Logged by:          Luke McFarlane
Email address:      luke@fisheye.com.au
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.4
Operating system:   Mandriva Linux 2006.0 Kernel 2.6.15.7 SMP
Details:

Hi

User connects to database via Visual Basic & ODBC. During his session VB
crashed. The query that was executed was selecting all records from a simple
view (approx 20,000 records). The query has been running for 68 minutes,
postmaster on 100%. If I run the query manually it takes literally
milliseconds to complete.

When I did a netstat -nt I did not see any active connection from the
offending remote user.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks