Re: Undefined Symbol error trying to connect with OpenOffice

От rjoy rjoy
Тема Re: Undefined Symbol error trying to connect with OpenOffice
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
If anyone else has this problem and finds this message, the solution was that I didn't have the iodbcinst.h file when I
compiledthe postgres odbc driver, you can get this from the iodbc distribution. That and the iodbcinst library file are
neededfor SQLGetPrivateProfileString and SQLWritePrivateProfileString if you configure your driver as --with-iodbc.

--- rjoy@randijoy.com wrote:

From: "rjoy rjoy" <rjoy@randijoy.com>
To: <pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org>
Subject: [ODBC] Undefined Symbol error trying to connect with OpenOffice
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:05:00 -0700

Hello,
I am new to the list and very new to ODBC with PostgreSQL. I am trying to access my Postgres database using OpenOffice
throughODBC. When I try to view the tables tab in the Data Source Administrator in OpenOffice, I am unable to connect
andview the tables because of the error Undefined Symbol: SQLGetPrivateProfileString, unable to open library. I get the
sameundefined symbol error when I run dltest on the library from the command line. I did a search on the Internet and
onlyfound a message and a bug report that both said to use a 08.00.0004 tarball, but the message was a year old and I
amusing 08.01.0200.

Pertinent info:
pgsql odbc 08.01.0200
library is psqlodbcw.so (from postgres dist, not from unixodbc)
unix odbc 2.2.4
postgres version 7.4.7
OS is Linux (Debian)
ISQL connects successfully and views tables (so i assume config files are ok)

ldd shows no library dependency on libodbcinst.so (where another archived message said SQLGetPrivateProfileString is
implemented)and

nm: /home/randi/pgsql/lib/libodbcinst.so: no symbols
nm  /home/randi/pgsql/lib/psqlodbcw.so | grep SQLGetPrivateProfileString
         U SQLGetPrivateProfileString

Thank you so much for any suggestions.
Randi

               http://archives.postgresql.org

Сообщение: [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000738 ] Wrong ODBC state (42P01 or 42P07) is returned on dropping/creating table