Re: postgresql rising

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: postgresql rising
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 10:10:56AM -0500, Tony Caduto wrote:
> For a high level corp manager all they ever hear about is MS SQL Server,
> Oracle and DB2, and the more it costs the more they think it is what
> they need :-)

I think that description is false.  At a certain point in the
management hierarchy, the only way anyone has the ability to evaluate
something is on the basis of reputation.  PostgreSQL is building its
reputation, but it doesn't have the marketing budget of those three.
Therefore, it's safer to pick the thing that has a better reputation,
and that makes those reputations stronger still.  So what we need is
a spotless reputation -- which we're building.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.
        --George Orwell