Re: On future conferences

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: On future conferences
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Jim,

> How far off are we, money-wise? Is that the only thing holding this up?

From my perspective, it's not the money, it's the people.   We need someone
who can devote 300+ hours over the next year to organizing the conference,
and another person who can devote 150+ hours to fundraising for it,
*assuming* we can afford a professional event team (otherwise, it's more
hours).  Andrew and I did the bulk this last year (with considerable time
investment from Peter, Gavin, Neil and Gavin) and we can't afford it this
year.

If we had some community people who could devote the time, then I think we
could get the money.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus