Re: PostgreSQL installed in non-standard Directory

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: PostgreSQL installed in non-standard Directory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 03:53:04PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Since I have no Internet access @home anymore, I want to install
> my PostgreSQL in one of the patitions I have created.  To do this,
> I want to compile it static, so that it does not need any system
> libraries.

<snip>

> So, how can I compile PostgreSQL 8.1 static?

Do you really want this? Compiling static is not straightforward, if
all the libraries actually exist in static form anyway.

Would it not be easier to install the system in a chroot, then you can
use all the normal system libs and standard install packages...

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения