Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?
Дата
Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?  ("Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net>)
Список pgsql-www
Magnus,

> > 2) An easy-to-edit content section (WYSWYG CMS or Wiki),
>
> This we can already do.

Techdocs?  That's still too buggy to actually use.   If you ever finish it,
then we can discuss that as an alternative.

> > including pages available only to authenticated users.
>
> This we cannot currently do, but it would probably be fairly easy to do
> it.

Our concern here is that dynamic functionality in the main site takes years to
complete due to lack of resources -- techdocs, for example.  We don't want a
system two years from now, we want one tommorrow.   And we don't write
brand-new code for www when we already have code on another system that works
right now.

> Right. So the "intranet" part of things. Wasn't aware of that
> requirement. Sorta like the developers wiki, but for fundraising group.
> Got it.

Intra and extra.   We'd also use it for fundraising campaigns, like
"Contribute to SPI so that we can have a booth at FOSS.in!"  or "Contribute
to SPI so that we can fund recursive queries!".   Also for doing things like
listing our voting members, explaining how SPI money is managed, etc.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: