Re: ECPG: non-integer constant in group by

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: ECPG: non-integer constant in group by
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 02:44:33PM -0800, Poul Jensen wrote:
> The other problem I posted is worse and is what's really keeping me
> stuck. Why are my text strings considered unacceptable "non-integer
> constants"? Here are the relevant lines of code:

<snip>

That's because your query is expanding to:

SELECT 'filenm' FROM beamdata GROUP BY 'filenm';

Which is probably not what you're looking for. The reason postgres is
complaining is because grouping by a constant doesn't make any sense.
Integer constants are special-cased to mean column numbers, hence the
reference to non-integer constants.

Hope this helps,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения