Re: sql-bench

От Steinar H. Gunderson
Тема Re: sql-bench
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 02:11:23AM +0200, Grega Bremec wrote:
> Just a point (I've taught some MySQL courses before, sorry 'bout that;
> if you're not, I am, sort of :)) - the crash-proof version of
> transactional tables in MySQL was supposed to be the Berkeley ones, but
> (oh, the irony) they're still beta.

They are being dropped in 5.1.12 (yes, across a minor revision). From
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/news-5-1-12.html:

  Incompatible change: Support for the BerkeleyDB (BDB) engine has been
  dropped from this release. Any existing tables that are in BDB format will
  not be readable from within MySQL from 5.1.12 or newer. You should convert
  your tables to another storage engine before upgrading to 5.1.12.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/