Re: Offer to slave dns

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Offer to slave dns
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 05:48:51PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to add the following slave servers to the dns pool:
>
> ns1.cmdalert.com
> ns1.commandprompt.com
>
> They are in geographically different locations.

Hi all,

While additional slave servers would be nice, they wouldn't help the
problem that happened yesterday.  The problem that happened
yesterday looked, at least from the outside, like the failure of a
sigle component that took everything with it.

What is needed to avoid this is a multi-master set up.  It's a little
trickier to build, but it isn't that hard.  Would it be possible to
do that?

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.
        --George Orwell