Re: XML syntax patch

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: XML syntax patch
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Am Mittwoch, 6. September 2006 17:28 schrieb Bruce Momjian:
> Uh, when?  You had Nikolay review David's patch to see if it could be
> made consistent enough so it could go into 8.2 and not conflict with the
> additions in 8.3.

The only thing we could justify under the feature freeze regime is to add the
XML syntax into 8.2, operating on text data.  That will change when the xml
type goes into 8.3.  So we'd be adding a feature right now with the
announcement that the feature will break incompatibly in the next release.
That doesn't seem very useful to me.

--
Peter Eisentraut