Finally, the end of a nightmare ...

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Finally, the end of a nightmare ...
Дата
Список pgsql-www
After almost 3 weeks without a proper internet connection, this morning I
got high speed cable installed in our new residence, and this evening, I
finally got the backup server back online ...

Apologies to those using gborg for how long it has taken to get things
back online ... the temporary internet connection we were able to get the
server onto was reporting ~3 days of constant upload to get gborg uploaded
... the new net connection took 5 hours ...

I will be working tomorrow on getting gborg back up and running ... this
will be put onto the 64bit server, so that it can be easily moved to the
new HP server that arrived while I was offline ...

There *was* a lose of data with this crash, unfortunately, so I hope those
on the slony project have backups of any commits made over the ~2 week
period *before* the server crashed ... once it goes onto the 64bit server,
the redundant local backup will be re-enabled, but since we were at the
end of moving off of 4.x, the redundant server option wasn't working, and
with the backup server down while we moved, offsite backups were
temporarily offline when neptune crashed :(

Will post once gborg is back online ...

----

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: