Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 09:46:02PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > It pulls my a mailbox file I use, and it does instant updates as
> > > soon as I change it.  It is a URL.  Why do people care where it
> > > is?
> >
> > The complaint has been that not enough people help with reviewing
> > patches.  That would indicate that the problem is not location but
> > scalability.  If everything has to go through your private
> > mailbox, then it's not a very obvious process to outsiders.
>
> Well, you can grab items from there and apply them.  I will remove
> them from the mailbox when I see the commit.

This, in essence, is the problem.  You're using the first person
singular here, and it's become obvious that one person can't keep up
with this any more.  The project, thanks in part to your hard work,
has grown past that stage.

> You have another system that will not be significantly more work?

If it's significantly more work spread among many people, that is a
perfectly viable solution, just as long as it doesn't cause any one
person to be overloaded.

We need to get this project more bus-proof, whether it's the patch
queue or a server people depend on that's silently down for a week
with no ETAs in sight for getting any piece of it back on line.

Bruce, are you ready to help create a more bus-proof situation?  If
so, what specific steps would you like to take in that direction?

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666                             Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!